Monday 19 November 2012

Will You Walk Me Down The Aisle?

Wedding preparations are afoot in this neck of the woods. In this house to be exact. No I have not resorted to marrying off my eldest to the highest bidder although I have been tempted at times! I figured that any bride brave enough to take him on would soon send him back with her father demanding a refund and possible recompense.
 The wedding plans are for my looming big day in April. The venue is booked; the rings have been ordered and I am sure everything else will fall into place once my fiance has organised the rest of it. Yep, I am more of an ideas person and he is more of an action man! His disgruntled moan of "Woman, you need to do something!" is just a ruse on his part and he secretly cannot wait to meet with caterers; order the flowers; chose the invites; sort the music; design a cake etc. All men love to take control don't they? So this bride- to- be is showing her man that he has all the power and he is a true alpha male, a hunter. A hunter of all things wedding. This bride-to-be is sitting back, having a cuppa, watching and letting the hunting begin.
To ensure he fully understood that I will support all his decisions I took the trouble to buy him a file so he could sort everything. That is why I cannot understand his feigned reluctance and  raised eyebrows.  I fail to understand why he seems a little stressed and even a little irritated. I have told him that I know he will arrange a wonderful day and I will concentrate on finding the most perfect dress. Seriously, I think I heard the term: "Screw the dress" However, like my eldest I think he finds annunciation difficult and I am convinced he really said: " I'll do the rest".
Not wishing to seem lazy, I offered to get involved. He looked at me from under his brows: "How exactly are you going to get involved? Plan your hair? Organise a girl's night? Or just plan to turn up?" I actually believe I saw sarcasm dripping from his lips.
"No. I will arrange something!" I replied.
"Now don't go to too much effort, darling, I want you alive for the "big day". I think." was his retort. Well that did it. With a peevish sigh I marched to my eldest son's room and knocked.
"What?" barked said boy.
Still from the other side of the door I said:"Can I come in?"
"Why?" he barked again.
"I need to ask you something."
"What?" he growled.
"For the love of God, can you walk me down the aisle?" I snarled.
"Walk you down the aisle? Walk you down!" he roared through the closed door. "I'll  drag you down it if it stops you from constantly knocking on my door! I'll push you down if it means you will stop gazing at grim dresses on the internet. I'll fire you in a rocket down it if it means you will go and organise something in the house!" I remained motionless outside his door, arms crossed, affronted  As I turned to thump downstairs I slapped into the hulk of my fiance who stood there laughing. " I'll launch her straight back to you boy if she doesn't start trying to help organise something!"

2 comments:

  1. I have some dress ideas and nothing the Queen Mother would have worn... god that blue thing was awful, I do hope you were joking! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha that blue thing was the height of elegance Missy!

    ReplyDelete