Sunday 22 July 2012

Double Tourette Trouble


The house is noticeably quiet today, disturbingly actually.  The twins have gone off to "Camp".  I assume it's scouts’ camp but after their school report about the infamous "man-hunting", I am now quite concerned that perhaps they have joined some insurgency vigilante group to hone their skills in bloodshed.  Still, they disappeared down the hill and as I watched their identical frames recede into the distance, I heard the affectionate name they call one another echo in the wind -"Cock!" and then I knew they would be just fine.
Yep.  My adorable ‘identikits’like to  swear like sailors much to my dismay.  First thing in the morning to last thing at night.  Their chosen profanities seem to revolve around their genitalia.  Banging on their door in the morning to get them up for school provokes a response of, "Knob!” Sometimes with an added dairy product of “-cheese!"; handing them tea in the evening gains me a: "What's this bollocks?" and their favourite curse to any suggestion of school work or household chore is: "Balls!"
The need to constantly refer to their privates confuses me. Are they just mentally checking that their penis and testicles are still attached or believe constant reference to them constantly will prevent them dropping off?  Anyway, for a week I will be two "members" of the family down.

No comments:

Post a Comment