Wednesday 18 July 2012

Schools Out For Summer - tomorrow!


Friday morning could not come sooner as my boys would no longer be dragging their reluctant carcasses out of their musty pits towards school.  Even my cheery greetings of: "Onward boys to your future; education frees the soul and Carpe Diem" have not seemed to have helped?!  In fact, my proclamations have only actually achieved rolling of the eyes, snarls and muffled grunts of barely disguised obscenities.  How ungrateful!  The last slam of the door, clearly only firmly closed to ensure his dear mother's safety, has generally been from my eldest.  Although I finished work for the summer last Friday, I still make time to call, from under the comfort of my duvet, "Bye Darling, have a wonderful day of learning".  My thoughtful concern for my son's happiness and welfare has received a daily retort of: "Dosser!"  At least, I think it's dosser.  Unfortunately, he has always had trouble enunciating the difference between a "d" and a "t". 


1 comment:

  1. Yay holidays! Soon you can enjoy your children's company for a whole 7 weeks! JOY OF JOYS! Pretty bedding, very girly! xx P xx

    ReplyDelete