Sunday 29 July 2012

Guess Who Just Got Back Today? Those Wild-Eyed Boys who'd been Away!

Yep my crazy catz are back! They still have not much to say but boy I missed them!  The twins are back in town! The twins are back; the twins are back. They have returned looking like cowboys, sandy hair bleached from our mini heatwave and enough dirt covering their scrawny bodies to almost create a camouflage for strange markings now adorning their arms....mmmmm.
"What are those?" I inquire eyebrows raised.  They look around behind them searching for the mysterious "those". "Those red love hearts?" I repeat.  "Those pen tattoos on your arms?"
"Oh those," says one.
"Not much," says the other.
Now I'm curious and they know it.  "Look it's nothing," winces one.
 "Yeah," reinforces the other, "nothing,ok."
"Mobile numbers in red pen scrawled on your arms surrounded by love hearts. Of course, it's nothing," I grin and start to tentatively zip open their camp bags allowing space between myself and the bags in case of cockroaches and slugs.  Retching almost from the earthy putrid smell, I ask again: "Girls joined you this year did they?" I begin to load their items into the washing machine, tipping them all in as there was clearly no point in picking out anything clean.  Silence descends.  I turn to continue teasing. An empty room.
"Don't suppose you'll be needing these then?" I shout into the silence.
"What?" squeaks one from upstairs.
"Your're mobile phones.. if it's nothing!"
It's unbelievable the noise two pairs of feet make descending down the stairs in anxious haste. It's also amazing how fast I can still run carrying a phone in each hand!

1 comment:

  1. Ah bless them, camp romances how sweet.Glad you're back too xx P xx

    ReplyDelete