Tuesday 7 August 2012

All by Myself - Don't Wanna be - All by Myself!

Well I could hardly call myself alone but Sweet Mother Above is there anyone out there?!  Being the only girl in the house of boys is a lonely place. My life revolves around: "Move I can't see the TV!" and "What's for lunch/dinner?" I am so thankful for these utterances that I find myself bowing low in front of the television offering the remote or humbly delivering them a menu for the night's gourmet gallop. A true submissive - Ana Grey has nothing on me!  Seriously I am grateful for any utterance from their masculine mouths. That is until the red rage of womanhood descends upon me- then woe betide the men in my house as my refrain becomes: "All by myself, don't wanna be all by myself!"in a sort of banshee squeak with spit (you get the picture).
 Boys or men is there any difference?  How is it so difficult to communicate?  " I love you" becomes a minefield of either: "Whatever?!" or in the case of my partner a patronizing pat on the head and a comment of: "Feeling emotional? Near your period?!"
"No not really Darling!" But if he wants me to tie him down and beat him, holy Moses, it's coming his way!  Rest assured it won't be pleasant and he won't be groaning with pleasure and I won't be buying him a sports car; executive apartment and silver balls! He will be at the mercy of a good old fashioned Essex whine (after wine) of " No one listens to me in this house and no one loves me and I'm gonna eat worms!" Well I'm not going to eat worms because they repulse me but you get the picture.
Then when everything seems such a battle of estrogen and testosterone torment, in walks my seven year old saying:" I love you Mummy" and the rage debates and everything is just dandy, just cool and fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment