Thursday 9 August 2012

I'm Washing the Car!

Women, according to the statistic geeks (why would anyone study life as a spreadsheet? Beats me!), have apparently decided that the girls hit their sexual peak in their forties.  Well, duh!  Most of a woman's thirties is spent running around wiping arses; giving birth (again more arse-wiping); feeding family, friends and in my case anyone who drops by; working; pulling hair out; trying to regain a figure; shouting, crying and laughing  (hysterically) and then thumping into bed exhausted groaning: "No, I have a headache!".  So forties are a bit of a revelation actually, sort of twenties with more girth and attitude!
Well, in my very early forties I embarked on a relationship with a boy from my university days.  We met after years apart pulled together by circumstance and times of random chit-chat on "that" social networking site. The thought of actually meeting him after twenty odd years was initially scary and I'm sorry to say that I bought into the "magic" knicker syndrome - those babies are not pleasant and take no prisoners!  Still after spending days of nil by mouth and countless pep talks from my friends, I arranged to meet him in mid autumn a few years back. "I've changed you know, " I informed him on the phone.
"Really? he quipped, "I thought you had remained in a physical time-warp!"
Even so, the last time I had seen him was in a pub when I was twenty-five.  At that meeting, he had careered towards me arms outstretched, yelling out my name and  bumping into people and posts.  At the moment when I was supposed to be enveloped in his arms, he leapt over a sofa, misjudged the drop and landed in a sort of six foot heap at my feet, drunk, disorderly but still grinning.
Well, we met and needless to say we have never looked back.  However, once he was that twenty something student who suggested giving me a massage when I had my first year exams looming and then tried to grope me, now I have a mid-forties Lothario who lives 85 miles away.  So after extended  time spent apart, due to work and family commitments, I'm still full of  "Yeeha"( being "fortiesque and all") but after a week or two spent with me, he is wane, pale and sheepish, barely managing to  mutter: "Again? Really? Not now Darling, I'm washing the car!"

No comments:

Post a Comment