Sunday 19 August 2012

Desire, Hunt and Kill

Sitting bathing in stormy heat this afternoon with good friends the subject turned to the difference between men and women.  A minefield.
"Why is it that women are chased and wooed and told they are a goddess at the beginning?" I asked. " We have copious texts, flowers, phone calls and then once we agree to take one of you on, everything changes".
"Well, it doesn't have to be be like that," replied one of the "boys". "I believe the older we become the more we understand women."  Clearly single! But a worthy try Mr C!  We all sighed and he excused himself to relieve his bladder, extremely quickly - in fact I have never seen him move that fast - ever!
"You lot are so emotional! Up and down and nothing is ever right!" braved one soul.  The heads of the  women at the table spun in unison to face him, Medusa snakes spat. Strangely, his pint became very interesting as eyes downcast he stared into his glass.
"See,"exclaimed another fearless "boy","that's what you lot do to us!" Now the females at the table were interested and indignant.  Heckles were raised.
"Explain!" one of us demanded.
"Well, now I don't know who I am and why I'm here. Please, don't look me in the eyes. I'm sorry, " he muttered.  We glared. "Matthew Hopkins help me!" I believe I heard him utter.
"No seriously, why can't the honeymoon period last?" I inquired.
"Coz it's expensive and time-consuming and not real," retorted another brave lad. "Once we have had our wicked way, it's as basic as friend, lover or mother. And if we are lucky, it will be lover and mother!"
"So, so, so, "explained a worthy female, "why window shop?"
"Oh because we can!" explained the said "Boy". We snarled.
From the depths of his pint came a voice of a "man" who had listened, smiled and until now not entered into the debate. "My beauties, it's as simple as this: we desire you; we hunt you and, if we could we would kill you afterwards! Unfortunately, that is not legal and so some us us have to live with you after the event and some of us, who are completely terrified, marry you!".


No comments:

Post a Comment